RSVP Rides for Veterans
[Pictured: RSVP volunteer Bill Topham drives veterans regularly to VA medical appointments]
Are you a Norfolk County veteran and:
Need a Ride to a medical or other appointment?
Call the Norfolk County RSVP Office at 781-329-5728 to locate a volunteer driver near you. The office is open 8am-4pm weekdays excluding Holidays. A minimum one week notice is needed prior to your appointment date. Rides are free, subject to volunteer availability. Passenger is responsible for tolls and required parking charges. All volunteer drivers have passed a CORI criminal history check.
Can you spare the time to drive a fellow veteran?
Please call us at 781-329-5728 and we can arrange to meet you in our office or at your local senior center. Volunteers receive supplemental auto liability insurance and mileage reimbursement for their service. To become a driver, you will need to complete an RSVP Registration form and CORI background check authorization, and send with a copy of your driver's license to Norfolk County RSVP, P.O. Box 310, Dedham MA 02027.
Rides for Vets Fact Sheet
SUMMARY OF RIDES FOR VETS GUIDELINES DURING COVID-19:
- Driver will not enter facilities while volunteering.
- Driver and rider will wear face mask at all times.
- Rider will sit in rear seat of vehicle.
- Confirm good health of rider day before appointment, and reminder that ride will not be available unless mask is worn.
- If any question of flu like symptoms, cancel ride; insure that rider is following up with health care on symptoms; inform RSVP office.
- Disinfectant should be available to clean vehicle after use.
Find related transportation options at: