Food Distribution Volunteers
Dedham Food Pantry -- 600 Washington St, Dedham MA
- Stock the food pantry Thursdays (around 3:00pm-4:30pm)
- Assist shoppers with food shopping or carrying shopping bags to cars Wednesdays or Saturdays (10:00am-12:00pm)
- Pick-up groceries from local stores or the Greater Boston Food Bank Wednesdays or Saturdays (1:00pm-3:00pm)
Interfaith Social Services -- 105 Adams Street, Quincy MA
- Organize, sort or stock donated food items, including loading and unloading vans, freezers and shelves; prepare food bags for distribution to clients according to the individual need of each client and client family. Monday-Friday, 9:30-12:30 (a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week)
- Receive donations and assist with unloading food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and local grocery stores; organize and stock donated food items; maintain cleanliness of the pantry.
QCAP/Southwest Community Center -- 1 Copeland Street, Quincy MA
- Food Pick-Up Driver needed to pick-up food that is being donated to the food delivery program.
- Food Pantry Stocker needed to stock the pantry fridge. (NOTE: Bags can be up to 50 lbs)
- Grocery Bag Assistant Volunteer needed to put together grocery bags of food for members of the community who are in need.
Weymouth Food Pantry -- Weymouth MA
- Food distribution volunteers needed as the pantry expands to multiple "pop-up" locations.
- Summer opportunities include growing fresh produce for the pantry and exchanging SNAP (food stamp) credits for farmers' market vouchers.
Meals on Wheels Delivery -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels Drivers deliver meals to homebound elders Monday-Friday. Volunteers are needed in most communities for 1 to 5 days a week, midmornings, 1-2 hours a day. A valid MA driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
Meals on Wheels Kitchen Preparation -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels kitchen volunteers are needed in some communities to prepare nutritious meals for homebound elders, weekday mornings for 1-3 hours. Meals are individually packaged and delivered by volunteer drivers. Some sites also offer a congregate meal, where volunteers serve freshly cooked meals to visiting seniors.
The above descriptions summarize Norfolk County RSVP food distribution positions. However, we are continually developing new volunteer opportunities. If you have an area of interest that you don’t see listed, please contact us at (781) 329-5728 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org