Dedham Food Pantry -- 600 Washington St, Dedham MA
- Stock the food pantry Thursdays 3-4:30pm
- Assist shoppers with food shopping or carrying shopping bags to cars Wednesdays or Saturdays
- Pick-up groceries from local stores or the Greater Boston Food Bank Wednesdays or Saturdays
Milton Food Pantry -- 158 Blue Hills Parkway, Milton MA
- Pick up food donations from Hannaford’s Grocery Saturday mornings to deliver to the food pantry. Weekday trips are also needed to pick up donations from the Greater Boston Food Bank (large vehicle required, must be able to lift 40 lbs).
- Stock food pantry Saturday mornings, 8:30-noon (must be able to lift 40 lbs).
Interfaith Social Services -- 105 Adams Street, Quincy MA
- Organize, sort or stock donated food items, including loading and unloading vans, freezers and shelves; prepare food bags for distribution to clients according to the individual need of each client and client family. Monday-Friday, 9:30-12:30 (a minimum of one 3-hour shift per week)
- Receive donations and assist with unloading food from the Greater Boston Food Bank and local grocery stores; organize and stock donated food items; maintain cleanliness of the pantry.
QCAP/Southwest Community Center -- 1 Copeland Street, Quincy MA
- Food Pick-Up Driver needed to pick-up food that is being donated to the food delivery program.
- Food Pantry Stocker needed to stock the pantry fridge. (NOTE: Bags can be up to 50 lbs)
- Grocery Bag Assistant Volunteer needed to put together grocery bags of food for members of the community who are in need.
Quincy Crisis Center/Sanger Center for Compassion -- 282 Billings Rd, Quincy MA
- Stock food pantry shelves (can be boxes up to 50 lbs), prepare food orders for delivery, receive food donations, sort donated items, assist with loading cars for deliveries, and keep work area tidy. Those unable to lift can supervise high school volunteers in the afternoons.
- A volunteer (or a team of two volunteers) to deliver weekly packaged meals to eligible recipients within Quincy and its surrounding towns.
Westwood Food Pantry -- 60 Nahatan St, Westwood MA
- Sort donations and stock shelves weekdays, any time 9-4pm
- Join the Westwood Food Pantry's leadership team as the pantry transitions to an independent non-profit model. Committed and creative volunteers with management experience are needed.
Weymouth Food Pantry -- Weymouth MA
- Food distribution volunteers needed as the panrtry expands to multiple "pop-up" locations.
- Summer opportunities include growing fresh produce for the pantry and exchanging SNAP (food stamp) credits for farmers' market vouchers.
Meals on Wheels Delivery -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels Drivers deliver meals to homebound elders Monday-Friday. Volunteers are needed in most communities for 1 to 5 days a week, midmornings, 1-2 hours a day. A valid MA driver’s license and reliable vehicle are required.
Meals on Wheels Kitchen Preparation -- Norfolk County
Meals on Wheels kitchen volunteers are needed in some communities to prepare nutritious meals for homebound elders, weekday mornings for 1-3 hours. Meals are individually packaged and delivered by volunteer drivers. Some sites also offer a congregate meal, where volunteers serve freshly cooked meals to visiting seniors.